Re: Flowers and Whine for 1.05

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 14:25:27 EDT

    Hi Chuck,

    On Donnerstag, 7. August 2003, at 19:30 Uhr, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > First off that was a nice little set of new features. Thanks to all.
    >
    > I've noticed a few things that might be bugs, missing features, machine
    > configuration issues, or just personal stupidity (never exclude the
    > obvious
    > :-). I thought I'd run them by people for comments before submitting
    > them
    > as bugs.
    Due to the amount of changes there are now some bugs in
    woproject/wolips. A bugfix release is on the way. Expect it in the next
    hours.

    > 1. The new JVMOptions setting produces a classpath file that reads:
    > # JVMOptions ==..VM_OPTIONS@
    > While this is fine for from within Eclipse, it will not work with
    > Apple's launcher as it just jams..VM_OPTIONS@ on the command line.
    > Not
    > the end of the world, but an annoyance. It would be better to leave
    > this
    > blank if there are no settings.
    >
    > [I see now this was a bug]

    Allready fixed by Jonathan and will be included in the bugfix release.

    > 2. Is there anyway to have the package name also added to this line:
    > # ApplicationClass == Application
    > Again, it only affects launching outside of Eclipse. This only
    > needs to
    > be fixed for deployment, but I'm lazy. :-) I also sometime run from
    > the
    > command line when trouble shooting. Want a fun example? Eclipse (for
    > reason that I fail to understand), lists all of the files in the
    > JRE/lib
    > and JRE/lib/ext on the bootclasspath. While usually merely useless,
    > this
    > prevents settings in java.security from affecting classes in those
    > jars. I
    > only found this by running from the command line.

    Could you add a feature request for that.

    > 4. Some of the WO run parameters seem wrong, or can't be implemented
    > as a
    > checkbox. Case in point,
    > -WODirectConnectEnabled true
    > If this is unchecked, then it seems to not get added. Thus, it
    > defaults
    > to true. Hmmm, no way to turn this off other than enter the parameter
    > manually. Making the checkbox option false, instead of true, should
    > fix this.

    Could you add a feature request for that.

    > 5. For some reason WOOpenURL no longer works. I get this logged out
    > when
    > the app launches.
    > [2003-08-05 19:12:11 PDT] <main> WORoot=
    > [2003-08-05 19:12:14 PDT] <main> Unable to locate WOOpenURL on your
    > computer, AutoOpen launch will not work
    >
    > My wobuild.properties look OK
    > wo.dir.root=U:/Apple
    > wo.dir.user.home.library.frameworks=C:/Documents and Settings/Chuck
    > Hill/Local/Library/Frameworks
    > wo.woroot=U:/Apple
    > wo.dir.local=U:/Apple/Local
    > wo.wosystemroot=U:/Apple
    > wo.dir.user.home.library=C:/Documents and Settings/Chuck
    > Hill/Local/Library
    > wo.dir.library=U:/Apple/Library
    > wo.dir.local.library=U:/Apple/Local/Library
    > wo.dir.library.frameworks=U:/Apple/Library/Frameworks
    > wo.dir.local.library.frameworks=U:/Apple/Local/Library/Frameworks
    > wo.wolocalroot=U:/Apple/Local
    > wo.dir.system=U:/Apple
    >
    > Unchecking the option and specifiying it manually works.

    Thanks for the hint. Can I send you an updated jar to verify the fix?.

    > 6. Any thoughts on automatically including the ..../Resources/Java
    > path in
    > the classpath for the WO Launcher? This would make it easier when
    > components are in packages.

    There is allready a feature request for that. Harald and I just start
    talking about that. So there is good chance we see that in the future.