Re: [Woproject-cvs] Installing on a PC (Eclipse 3.0m2 has no UpdateManager menu)

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 07:05:58 EDT

    Goodbye Bill wrote:

    >Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, the option you mentioned does not
    >exist. Under "Help | Software Updates" all I have is "Find and Install" and
    >"Manage Configuration." "Update Manager" does not exist.
    >
    >Of the two options available, the only one that appears to apply to what I'm
    >doing is "Find and Install." I've tried that option, and gone through the
    >wizard, but nothing works. Here's what I've done...
    >
    > 1. Select "Help | Software Updates | Find & Install"
    > 2. Select "Search for new features to install" (click "Next")
    > 3. Click "Add Local Site" and browsed to the "WOLips" directory
    > 4. Checked "WOLips" at the highest available level (click "Next")
    >
    >This is where it all ends. At this point, I am at the "Select Features to
    >Install" window, however there are no items listed at all.
    >
    >I'm running the latest stable build, 3.0M2, of Eclipse.

    I used "Add Update Site ..." instead of "Add Local Site ..." and chose
    the 1.0.6 versions of my favourite WOLips plugins (I usually don't
    install the Test feature) on the following page (they were not sorted,
    unfortunately and WOLips Profiling 1.0.6 didn't show up on my first
    attempt, when I went back in the wizard and tried again, it did show up,
    this may be due to the fact that I don't have the jMechanic plugin
    installed in 3.0m2, yet).

    After that I had to agree to the license agreements and answer that it's
    okay to install unsigned features, but then it looked like everything
    worked fine. I am unsure whether this release of WOLips works okay on
    3.0m2, I haven't done any testing so far and am under the impression
    that the other developers haven't, either.

    Harald
    PS: I cc'ed this to the woproject-dev list in case others are interested
    in trying 3.0ms, too.