Using Eclipse 2.1.1 and WOLisp 1.0.6...

From: Francis Labrie (francis..eroknowledge.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 10:44:01 EDT

    Hi,

    Eclipse is a new IDE for me, and I'm trying to use it to do WebObjects
    development instead of Mac OS X Project Builder. My goal is to be able
    to build WebObjects projects using Project Builder on Mac OS X and
    Eclipse on other plateform (Windows, Linux or even Mac OS X).

    To test Eclipse / WOLisp on Mac OS X, I've imported (using the WOLisp
    creation option "Import PB Project") the PetStoreWOJava Apple example
    (/Developer/Examples/JavaWebObjects/PetStoreWOJava).

    First, this import do not add all needed frameworks references:
    PetStoreWOModel.framework was needed and was not included to the new
    Eclipse project. Why? It would be nice to get this behaviour.

    Second, when I build and try to run the application, I get this error:
    "Working directory is not a woa:
    /Developer/Applications/Eclipse/workspace/PetStoreJava. Please point to
    a woa in the Argument tab." What's that? My project is not in this
    folder at all, and where is this "Argument tab"? And why do I have to
    set a woa folder for development / testing builts? Is there any
    documentation / howto / FAQ available that describe WebObjects
    developement using WOLisp / Eclipse other than to light ones currently
    on http://objecstyle.org?

    Finally: Is it possible to use both Project Builder (and not PBWO) on
    Mac OS X and Eclipse on anything else to manage and code one WebObjects
    project?

    Thanks!

    Kind regards,

    --
    Francis Labrie
    Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Quebec, Canada