RE: Can't start with JavaMonitor (resolved w/ alternative ending)

From: Christian Edward Gruber (cgrube..srafil.net)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 12:16:04 EDT

    Hi guys,

        I'm working on this issue again, and I get this (appended) error. I
    set the output args to > /tmp/launch.tmp and all and got a
    ClassCastException in WOApplication. It seems to be at the point of
    specifying the WOOutputPath. Any clues? The path exists
    (/var/log/WebObjects/) and it creates the (empty) file. I can't
    actually see what the object is that's being incorrectly cast.

    Cg.

    [12:05:40,746] <main> ERROR (WebObjects:5042) WOApplication: Renamed
    previous WOOutputPath file to /var/log/WebObjects/OCS-1.2003081
    2120540656
    [12:05:40,786] <main> ERROR (WebObjects:628) <WOApplication>: Cannot be
    initialized.null
    [12:05:40,789] <main> ERROR (WebObjects:304) A fatal exception occurred:
    null: <WOApplication>: Cannot be initialized.
    [12:05:40,796] <main> ERROR (WebObjects:305) Exception thrown:
    com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException for
    java.lang.ClassCastException
            at
    com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication._initWOOuputPath(WOApplication.ja
    va:5075)
            at
    com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication._initWOApp(WOApplication.java:501
    3)
            at
    com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.<init>(WOApplication.java:485)
            at Application.<init>(Application.java:39)
    Method)
            at
    sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
    ccessorImpl.java:39)
            at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
    tructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
            at
    java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
            at
    com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.main(WOApplication.java:296)
            at Application.main(Application.java:35)
            at
    a:39)
            at
    Impl.java:25)
            at
    com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap.main(WOBootstrap.java:71)