Re: [Woproject-cvs] Re: Deployment with Eclipse [NEWBIE]

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 11:53:30 EDT

    Goodbye Bill wrote:

    >Is anyone going to reply to this? It would really be helpful.

    If anyone sees it, maybe. And you shouldn't insist on it -- people are
    volunteers in here, as you are certainly aware.

    It might also help if you posted this to the
    woproject-de..bjectstyle.org mailing list, which you are obviously not
    subscribed to. (Otherwise I would have seen your post there, but it
    didn't show up, as far as I could see.)

    This is the last time I am going to answer a non-CVS-related post to the
    cvs mailing list, sorry.

    http://catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html might be interesting, too.

    >On 20030812 1508, "Goodbye Bill" <movingtoma..otmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>I've recently switched from ProjectBuilder to Eclipse for development
    >>purposes. It is now time to deploy project #1 (only my second one for
    >>WebObjects in total). Could someone please lend a word or two regarding the
    >>deployment process using Eclipse? Is it the same command-line stuff from
    >>ProjectBuilder?

    I don't know much about WO deployment, but from what I gathered in here
    (it's really worth it to scan through the archives of the woproject-dev
    mailing list), it's basically the same.

    You absolutely must have your Ant scripts right, otherwise the build
    will be undeployable.

    I found it helpful to compare the incremental build output with the
    Ant-built stuff, there should be a few differences -- the <OS> folders
    don't exist in the incremental build and the contents of the
    ...Resources/Java/ folder and the Info.plist are different, but that
    should be it. Other differences probably mean that either the Ant
    build.xml is wrong or you have not configured the incremental builder's
    patterns right.

    Harald