Rapid development not working with 'dist'

From: Ian McDougall (ian.mcdougal..mode.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 11:33:26 EDT

    Win2k, Eclipse 2.1.1, WOLips 1.0.6, WO 5.2.1

    I've been experiencing a problem with 'rapid development' since the default
    development deployment directory changed to 'dist/projname.woa' I can no
    longer make changes to a component, and see those changes in the app when I
    hit save. Instead I have to rebuild the project to see changes.

    I have noticed that when I change the build location back to the project
    root directory (i.e. projname.woa instead of dist/projname.woa) that these
    problems disappear. I've also noticed the following appears in the log:

    [2003-08-28 09:21:24 MDT] <main> *** The application has found the following
    opened, development-mode ProjectBuilderWO projects:
    (<com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOProjectBundle
    : projectName='AppName';
    bundlePath='C:\java\eclipse\workspace\AppName\AppName.woa';
    projectPath='C:\java\eclipse\workspace\AppName>)
    [2003-08-28 09:21:24 MDT] <main> Application project found: Will locate
    resources in 'C:\java\eclipse\workspace\AppName' rather than
    'C:\java\eclipse\workspace\AppName\AppName.woa' .

    Is there some way of fixing this problem with command line arguments? (i.e.
    specifying where the project base directory is?)

    I like the 'dist/' directory idea, but I need rapid development!

    _ _ _
    Ian McDougall ian.mcdougal..mode.com