Re: Launching EOModeler from the folder level & Rapid Turn Around for Frameworks

From: Kaj Hejer (kaj.heje..sit.uio.no)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 14:24:54 EDT

    At 14:23 -0400 29-08-2003, Watkins, Garry wrote:
    >Is there any way to automatically launch eo modeler from the folder
    >level? It is quite a hassle to find the index.eomodeld file to launch
    >it when you have a large number of entities.
    >
    >How do I get wolips to work in rapid turn around (RTA) mode for
    >frameworks? For instance I have an app called App, and it uses
    >framework Frame. How do I get WOLips to pick up changes in the
    >framework Frame in RTA mode?

    Hi!

    I'm not sure about this but I _think_ this will wotk if you add the
    jar-file (or Resources/Java folder if you use incremental builder) to
    the runtime classpath, se 10. in the very usefull list bellow which I
    got from Harald Niesche:

    ---
    10 Steps to successful launching of incrementally built WebObjects
    applications in Eclipse:

    0. import your application into Eclipse and set it use the incremental builder (under <Project>|Properties|WOLips)

    1. create a launch configuration using the Run ... menu, use Java Application, if in doubt

    2. change the runtime classpath and the source path to not be the default paths (uncheck both checkboxes)

    3. *do this only after unchecking both checkboxes in step 2.*

    change the Runtime Classpath by adding the build/<projectname>.woa/Contents/Resources/Java Folder to the classpath before or instead of the Project itself

    4.(do the same for all not-yet-installed WO-Frameworks in your Workspace, using the appropriate Resources/Java folders, this enables you to use JDK1.4 hot code replacements for frameworks, I think).

    5. add the parameters -Duser.dir=<path_to_the_.woa_directory_under_build> (or better: set this folder as the working directory for the application) and -DWORootDirectory=>$NEXT_ROOT< (replacing >$NEXT_ROOT< with the installation path of your WebObjects installation)

    6. turn on reloading of templates with -WODebuggingEnabled true (At least I think this is what the switch does, anyone care to correct me?)

    7. turn on rapid-turnaround mode (not strictly necessary if you use WODebuggingEnabled) with -NSProjectSearchPath ("../..")

    8. optional: set the port the application listens on with (e.g.) -WOPort 6666

    ---

    -Kaj :)