Single Server Deploy Problems

From: Dov Rosenberg (dov.rosenber..onviveon.com)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 23:15:19 EDT

    I have been trying to get WOLips to help me build my app in Single Server
    Deploy Mode. It works great in ProjectBuilder.

    I cam across a few issues that need to be resolved, not sure where to post
    them so here they are.

    * The build.xml file has a SSDD target that covers some of the reqmts but
    doesn't create a SSDD directory in the same manner as ProjectBuilder.
    Specifically it needs to copy the jar files for any system framework or user
    framework referenced into the lib directory. Otherwise at runtime the
    classpaths are wrong. It also didn't copy the user frameworks into the
    Library/Framework directory. ProjectBuilder creates a structure like

        WEB-INF
            app.woa
            classes
            tlds
            Library
            lib
            LICENSE
            web.xml

    * There is a typo in the ANT file that causes grief while trying to deploy.
    WEB_INF should be WEB-INF

    * I could not get the woapplication task to create the web.xml file
    properly. The generated file only had %xxx% instead of the proper values
    that I had specified in the task.

    * I am also having trouble getting my app to run the same way as when I
    build from project builder. The model and frameworks don't seem to load as
    expected. Not sure what the problem or the solution is.

    BTW, my app has 4 frameworks and 2 separate applications that use the
    frameworks. One of the apps is a JSP TagLibrary for our product - doesn't
    use Wocomponent tags.

    Runs great using projectbuilder ssdd.

    --
    Dov Rosenberg