Re: Single Server Deploy Problems

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 08:54:04 EDT

    Chuck Hill wrote:

    > We've been wrestling with this too. If you use the *installed* (e.g.
    > NEXT_ROOT/Local/Library/etc.) versions in the build path then the
    > Classpath.txt will contain the correct entries. If you refer instead to
    > the projects in the workspace it will contain nothing. Of course,
    > referring to the installed versions means that you have to install a FW
    > after making a change for anything else to see it.

    This is no longer completely true for the WOLips version in CVS -- iff
    you use the classpath container (Add Library ... | WebObjects Frameworks
    in the projects properties / Java Build Path) you can add references to
    installed frameworks which will be ignored when launching with a
    WOApplication launch configuration.

    To make this clearer, in order to use Framework that is inside the
    Workspace, you should install it and refer to it both using the
    "WebObjects Frameworks" classpath container and reference the project.
    Adding it to the WebObjects Frameworks list ensures, that the framework
    is listed in the ant.frameworks.wo.wo{system|local}root file,
    referencing the project in the Java Build Path makes sure that the
    Framework's version in the Workspace is used.

    > I think this feature request is related:
    > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=702108&group_id=505
    > 07&atid=459970

    Yepp, looks certainly related, but IMHO there is a good workaround for
    the time being.

    Harald