Re: WO framework projects and the new classpath container

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 05:07:53 EDT

    Hi Anders,

    On Wednesday, 17. September 2003, at 10:23AM, Anders Peterson wrote:

    > Is the new classpath container supposed to (in the future) "solve"
    > feature request 702108?
    Yes, in the future.

    > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
    > func=detail&aid=702108&group_id=50507&atid=459970
    >
    > To work around this problem I currently:
    >
    > 1) Add both the framework project and the installed framework to the
    > project's Java Build Path (I have duplicates of everything).
    > 2) Configure the builder/Ant to continuously build and install all
    > frameworks (lots of building and installing).
    >
    > I just want to know if I've missed something. Is this the way everyone
    > else does it? Are there alternatives?
    The workaround is only needed for deployment.

    When you build an application with ant a classpath.txt is generated for
    the launch script. This is only required for a launch from the command
    line or trough the WOMonitor. The woproject WOApplication task resolves
    the entries in the ant.frameworks. * files(generated by WOLips). WOLips
    adds all frameworks from the application project classpath to these
    files.

    Now the part that is missing. A framework project is not automatically
    added to the Eclipse classpath as a .jar. This is what you are doing by
    hand. I'll add this in the future. It will include a way to specify
    where you framework is installed.

    The launch from within Eclipse is a little bit different. WOLips adds
    all frameworks from your framework projects automatically to the launch
    configs classpath. If the framework project is referenced by the
    application and the frameworks .jar is visible from within Eclipse.

    Ulrich