[Submission] NSLogAppender

From: Christian Edward Gruber (cgrube..srafil.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 09:13:33 EDT

    Hi folks,

        I've been using the Log4JAdaptor in my WO framework. However, I've
    noticed that when deploying through JavaMonitor, WOApplication resets
    the NSLog.err/out/debug and points it to anything you set for
    -WOOutputPath. Because there's no hook to override this behaviour, or
    intercept it, you always lose messages. So I tried to go the other way,
    and created NSLogAppender.java which I submit here with a
    log4j.properties file suitable for its use. This pipes everything
    through NSLog.err/out/debug depending on it's Log4J "Level". By using
    NSLog as the output mechanism, you lose no framework logging messages,
    and you still get nicely formatted output. You don't quite get the file
    management stuff that log4j handles, but you can always (on Solaris) use
    logadm, or other means.

    Regards,
    Christian Gruber
    cgrube..srafil.net