RE: WOProject patch - alternative to wobuild.properties

From: Pierre Bernard (Pierre.Bernar..cl.lu)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 03:08:02 EDT

    Hi!

    I have been fighting with this too recently. I build a set of tasks and scripts that allow for projects created using WOLips to be compiled on the deployment machine where neither Eclipse nor WOLips are available.

    I wrote a task which sets all the required Ant properties. Things worked fine for the WOFramework task, but not for the WOApplication task. For reasons beyond my understanding, the WOApplication tasks checks for the existence of the wobuild.properties file.

    I ended up generating the file from the properties I already had in memory. This is of course no more than a workaraound. I would be glad if WOProject could go without this requirement.

    Pierre.

    --
    Got a hang for movies?
    http://homepage.mac.com/I_love_my/movies.html

    -----Original Message----- From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andru..bjectstyle.org] Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 2:50 AM To: woproject-de..bjectstyle.org Subject: WOProject patch - alternative to wobuild.properties

    Hi everyone,

    just wanted to discuss a little change I really need to make to WOProject. The patch is attached. I am not committing it yet, since doing only occasional work with WOProject these days, I may not know all the implications.

    I have a customer request to create a self-contained build environment for the set of projects we are developing. For some internal reasons, using wobuild.properties is not desirable. When looking for ways around, I figured that a limitation that wo.* properties should come from a file and in no other form is really arbitrary. It is really a shame to get an exception like:

    org.objectstyle.woenvironment.env.WOBuildPropertiesNotFoundException: Could not find wobuild.properties. Run the buildfile: build-user-home-wobuild-properties.xml first. at org.objectstyle.woproject.ant.WOApplication.getWOEnvironment(Unknown Source)

    when all the needed properties already exist in the Ant environment (whatever way they got in there)... Hence, the patch below... Any objections to this? If not, I'll commit it in a day or so.

    Thanks,

    Andrus ....coming back to WO roots ... every once in a while :-)

    ********************************************************************** This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender of this message. (Pierre.Bernar..cl.lu) This email message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses; however this protection does not ensure this message is virus free. Banque centrale du Luxembourg; Tel ++352-4774-1; http://www.bcl.lu **********************************************************************