Best practices for directory-/project-layout

From: Alexander Schneider (alexander.schneide..it.fraunhofer.de)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 06:13:19 EST

    Hi,

    I am currently in the process of investigating the migration of a rather
    big and complex project to Ant/WOLips/WOProject.

    Are there any best practices someone wants to share on

    - how to layout the dirctories (several applications, many frameworks)
    - how to convert/import files to the new structure (esp. using packages
    with WOComponents)
    - how to support multi-platform / multi-IDE development (Eclipse and
    IDEA would be the IDEs of choice)
    - how to organize Ant-files for each application which might need
    another set of frameworks than an other with minimal duplicating effort

    Since I have to compile a guide for our developers anyway I would be
    willing to compile all suggestions and after migration I would post this
    on a website or maybe it can be included into the doc section of the
    project.

    Cheers
    Alexander

    Alexander Schneider, alexander.schneide..it.fraunhofer.de
    tel +49 2241 14 2869
    fax +49 2241 14 2146

    Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte
    Informationstechnik FIT
    Schloss Birlinghoven . D-53754 Sankt Augustin