Re: Best practices for directory-/project-layout

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 07:40:04 EST

    HI Alexander,

    Am 28.10.2003 um 12:13 schrieb Alexander Schneider:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently in the process of investigating the migration of a
    > rather big and complex project to Ant/WOLips/WOProject.
    My posting implies that you are used to Eclipse and WOLips. If not get
    used to Eclipse and WOLips first.
    > Are there any best practices someone wants to share on
    >
    > - how to layout the dirctories (several applications, many frameworks)
    We use different workspaces to group projects.
    > - how to convert/import files to the new structure (esp. using
    > packages with WOComponents)
    Import the project and move .java files into there packages.
    > - how to support multi-platform / multi-IDE development (Eclipse and
    > IDEA would be the IDEs of choice)
    WOProject/WOLips/Eclipse are crossplatform.
    > - how to organize Ant-files for each application which might need
    > another set of frameworks than an other with minimal duplicating
    > effort
    You can set up files with patterns. Take a look at the ant.frameworks.*
    files created and maintained by WOLips.

    > Since I have to compile a guide for our developers anyway I would be
    > willing to compile all suggestions and after migration I would post
    > this on a website or maybe it can be included into the doc section of
    > the project.

    Ulrich