Re: Evaluating WebObjects - seeking opinions

From: Alice Oaks (aliceoak..otmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 14:18:19 EST

    Cyril, thanks for your reply!

    >For all these reasons, I'd stick with WebObjects for a while, and then
    >maybe move on to WebObjects+WAR servlets, then WebObjects+WAR+Ant, then
    >replace EOs with Cayenne, etc etc .

    I have thought of this - looking at WO as the training wheels, to get us
    started. But I looked around for any information on how hard it would be to
    take an app out of WO and into Tapestry et al, and didn't find any info or
    even much talk about it. I did see that the Zoe project did it, but
    couldn't find any email links to contact anyone to ask about it. So how
    much rewriting would be involved if we started in WO and backed out piece by
    piece, as you suggest?

    My "holy grail" would be to be able to support both environments, but I
    figured that was out of the question so didn't even mention it.

    Alice

    See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now
    FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com