Re: EOGenerator and Ant-Task

From: Alexander Schneider (alexander.schneide..it.fraunhofer.de)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 03:17:59 EST

    > 1. The path ..\..\bin\eogenerator\eogenerator.exe is going to be relative
    > to the location of eogenerate.xml, not the location of build.xml.

    Why? I am not sure about this. What strikes me is that I have now my ant
    task running from the command line (obviously called from my framework
    root directory where the build.xml is located) and it runs just fine.

    But if I call "Build Project" from inside Eclipse I get the error I
    mentioned before. I am confused what I did wrong in my settings.

    > 2. The inheritall="false" in the ant task calling eogenerate.xml seems
    > wrong. As this generate.eos.database task depends on setProps, don't you
    > want the child process to inherit these properties? Yet it seems that it
    > is getting the value for eogenerator.executable from somewhere so perhaps I
    > am incorrect.

    In my ant book ("Java Development with Ant" from Manning which I think
    is a very good book) they say to add "inheritall=false" to the ant task
    because there are some quirks about getting the "right" execution
    directory stuff. I just added it like they said but now I removed it.

    Is there any setting in Eclipse that I forgot to set?

    Cheers
    Alex