migrating to woproject/wolips but staying back-compatible to PB

From: Bondarenko, Oleg (Oleg.Bondarenk..ft.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 06:32:15 EST

    Hello and congratulations for a great job!

    I somehow failed to find an answer in the mailing list archives,
    although I think my situation should be rather common.

    We have several big WO projects, developed under Windows (running under
    Solaris) by several developers in different company branches all over
    the Europe. I personally really dislike the ProjectBuilder and would
    love to switch to some "real" IDE like Eclipse. But the sudden migration
    of all developers is hard to realize and - to be honest - risky. So for
    some time we would like to keep the existing PB projects with existing
    directory structures and merge changes made with WOLips into them. The
    following scenario would be ideal:

    1. I (and other developers who migrate) create a new projects in a
    new location by importing an existing project with WOLips wizard.
    2. When some other developer (working with ProjectBuilder) commits
    changes into the old PB project, I want to be able to integrate these
    changes into my new WOLips project.
    3. When I make changes on the new WOLips project I want to
    integrate them into the old PB project (and commit into CVS).

    Is it possible to realize such scenario?

    Thanks,
    Oleg