Re: Cross-platform development (again, I'm sure)

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 04:23:29 EST

    Hi,

    Am 19.11.2003 um 00:32 schrieb Harald Niesche:

    > Mark Morris wrote:
    >
    >> Hello! I've never used Eclipse or WOProject, so please bear with me.
    > > Is is possible to develop concurrently on Windows and Mac OS X using
    > > Eclipse on Windows and Xcode on the Mac? (If not I assume Eclipse on
    > > both would work, right?) In the same vein, have the EOModel,
    > > .api, or even .wod files changed formats, or are none of these
    > > an issue?
    >
    > Well, I don't know about XCode, but it's possible with PBX
    > (ProjectBuilder on MacOS X), it's a bit of a pain in the lower back,
    > though. Everytime a file is moved or added using Eclipse someone must
    > change the PBX project file manually.
    >
    > All the WO support files (.api, .woo, .wod, .eomodel/* ) should be
    > compatible, most of them are used directly by the application, so they
    > need to be compatible across development and deployment platforms.
    >
    > It should definitely be possible to use Eclipse on both (and since
    > Eclipse 3.0m3 it seems to be quite usable on the Mac, it used to be
    > rather slow before).
    >
    > Harald

    WOLips can be used concurrently on Mac, Win and other. (On other
    without EOModeler, WOBuilder a.s.o.) The files created by Apples tools
    are the same. The .html of WOComponent contains a <META
    NAME="generator" CONTENT="WOLips Core">.That shouldn't be a problem.

    We may add support for the xcode project files in the future.

    Ulrich