ResourceManager-woes (and a feature request)

From: Alexander Schneider (alexander.schneide..it.fraunhofer.de)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 07:25:35 EST

    Hi,

    I made an almost successful switch to WOProject but are struggling with
    images. All images are located in a separate framework.

    Before all web-server resources were located under
    "framework/WebServerResources/image.gif".

    But in my current style of cleaning up the directory structure the
    installed framework looks like this:
    "framework/WebServerResources/web/img/image.gif".

    I created a directory in my framework with the name "web" where all
    webserver resources are located, with subdirectories "css", "img" and
    "scripts".

    The problem is: No images etc. are displayed in our application. The
    ResourceManager cannot find the image under the "web/img/" directory!

    I thought about changing the build.xml so that the subdirectory are not
    honored anymore and that the installed framework directory structure
    looks like a "true" WebObjects framework. Are there any other ways to
    accomplish this?

    I donīt want to change all image definitions in the WO components to
    have a prefix "web/img/"!

    Cheers
    Alexander

    PS: Oh, here is my feature request (:-)):

    What about extending the ant tasks with a parameter "ignoreSubDirs"
    (true or false) which will copy the resources either with the
    subdirectories or without (so having a plain directory with all
    resources in it). That would be great!