Re: Newbie Help: Confused on WOProject and WOLips

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 23:44:55 EST

    WOProject is a set of Ant tasks that can be used to build WO Apps from the
    command line. I use them to make release builds using a process that does
    a deep clean, fully build, and finally a package. They are really quite
    useful for a rock solid, repeatable build process. Doing release builds
    from inside any IDE with all the little settings here and there that can go
    wrong makes me uneasy.

    WOProject is bundled with WOLips, so installing WOLips also installs the
    needed code from WOProject. WOProject is also available as a separate
    download for those not using Eclipse (silly buggers).

    WOLips can use the WOProject tasks as part of a build in Eclipse and it can
    also do the build via an incremental builder that is part of WOLips. Both
    work very fine.

    I hope that helps (and I hope I got all that right).

    Chuck

    --

    Chuck Hill chil..lobal-village.net Global Village Consulting Inc. http://www.global-village.net