Re: Best version to Use?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 23:43:31 EST

    Haven't tried WOLips with Eclipse 3.0 yet, but from cayenne development
    experience, 3.0x on Mac is still not ready for prime time.

    Every time I try a new build, I have to switch back in a few hours...
    Looks like 3.0 runs more tasks in parallel threads, which should be an
    improvement (no blocking of UI on file save, etc.), but in reality it
    kills the overall machine performance for an extended period of time,
    especially if you type fast. It came to a point when I couldn't use
    iTunes when running Eclipse, since there was an unbearable sound
    degradation (sounded like it switched to a lower gear :-)). Also
    keyboard shortcuts like copy/paste stop working at times. I guess the
    reason is the same - lack of CPU resources, so Eclipse has no chance to
    catch up with incoming keyboard events.

    Andrus