Re: Hotswap?

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 15:30:31 EST

    Hi Ulrich,

    thanks for your reply:)

    Am 05.12.2003 um 21:01 schrieb Ulrich Köster:
    >> The first thing I noticed is that the default debug configuration
    >> doesn't work. There are way to many duplicate entries, but the order
    >> is different from the one in the MaxOSXClassPath.txt file.
    >
    > It's possible to change the order in 'Java Build Path' page.

    The confusing thing is that the paths have a lot of "WOFramework" items
    in it - I guess there is one for every included project. It should have
    all the items for the currently executing app instead.

    >> Second - and more important - the .woa is missing, which never sets
    >> up the main bundle correctly, thus the app doesn't find Main,
    >> DirectAction, Session etc. In fact it did find some entries, but
    >> these were Main and Session from javax.mail...
    >
    > How is the App launched? As a Java Application or a WOApplication.

    Via the "Launch/Debug as WOApplication" item. The thing is that there
    is no reference to the various wrappers - none for the .woa and none
    for the frameworks that are referenced as projects. so their bundles
    are not initialized and this there is no "Main" page, for example.

    >> - is Hotswap even *supposed* to work with the given configuration? If
    >> not, is there another one that does work?
    > Yes, hotswap should work.

    Yes, so I noticed, but it is a hell lot more work and voodoo involved
    than I'd like...can you give me a very short intro in how to extend
    WOLips when running Eclipse? I assume that the PDE also supports
    hot-swap, but for the life of me I can't figure how to get anything to
    work...

    Cheers, Anjo