Re: Hotswap?

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 18:51:01 EST

    Anjo Krank wrote:
    > The confusing thing is that the paths have a lot of "WOFramework" items
    > in it - I guess there is one for every included project. It should have
    > all the items for the currently executing app instead.

    The display in the Classpath tab of your launch configuration is
    misleading -- if you use the WOApplication launcher, the duplicates
    should be removed (if you reference a Framework both with the
    WOFrameworks Classpath Container and as a project in your Workspace, the
    installed Framework will be removed from the classpath so that WO
    doesn't get confused).

    I think it would be a lot of work to re-implement the Classpath tab for
    the WOLips launcher, and if you just ignore it everything should be fine
    (be sure to let me know if it isn't, I just tried it with our projects :-)

    > Via the "Launch/Debug as WOApplication" item. The thing is that there is
    > no reference to the various wrappers - none for the .woa and none for
    > the frameworks that are referenced as projects. so their bundles are not
    > initialized and this there is no "Main" page, for example.

    The references should be there when you launch the application, they are
    just not shown in the Classpaths tab. You can verify that in the debug
    view by viewing the properties of the ...\javaw.exe node in the Thread-tree.

    If that doesn't work properly with the Classpath Container and
    referenced Framework projects (using the WOApplication launch thingy),
    then you have either found a bug or created that launch configuration
    with an old WOLips version.

    > Yes, so I noticed, but it is a hell lot more work and voodoo involved
    > than I'd like...can you give me a very short intro in how to extend
    > WOLips when running Eclipse? I assume that the PDE also supports
    > hot-swap, but for the life of me I can't figure how to get anything to
    > work...

    It usually works fine for me -- some kinds of changes don't work and you
    have to remember that the application must be debugged for it to work. A
    recent JDK (1.4.1_01 +) also helps a lot.

    Harald