Re: ot: extssh

From: David Teran (davidtera..ac.com)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 12:30:33 EST

    Hi,

    > David Teran wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> does anyone know how to work with extssh which is used by eclipse? We
    >> always used ssh for cvs but the Root entry was something like
    >> ':ext:...' and not 'extssh:' .. Now i would like to commit files
    >> manually but CVS_RSH=ssh does not seem to work as expected.
    >> Any clues?
    >
    > I think for the command line you'll have to specify the CVS root
    > manually like this:
    >
    > cvs -d:ext:davi..vs.whatever:/<cvs-root-folder>
    >
    > and then use CVS_RSH.
    >
    > Just out of curiosity: Why would you want to do that?

    what i want to do is check if the cvs stuff from eclipse works as it
    should as i still have problems. eclipse oftens suggests to recompile
    all projects just because i changed a single line of code. I just want
    to make sure that the project is in sync with the cvs and therefore i
    trust the commandline tools more than a gui tool. But as the Root entry
    in the CVS directories is :extssh: instead of :ext: i am unable to use
    cli from cvs to check the files.

    cheers David