Re: AspectJ and WebObjects?

From: Kaelin Colclasure (kaeli..cm.org)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 04:37:11 EST

    Replying to my own post (yes, it's late), I came across the StepWise
    article that shows how to patch Project Builder's JAM files to work
    with an older version of AspectJ. This is encouraging, but not exactly
    what I need, as WOLips is my WebObjects environment of choice.

    I did manage to get some methods advised by compiling with ajc from the
    command line -- tres cool! But of course, this misses out on all the
    Eclipse integration features (the most useful being annotations in the
    gutter of the editor panes as to which aspects advise which methods).
    Still, this looks to be a very useful trick to have up one's sleeve, so
    long as aspects are being used only in development.

    This AspectJ stuff is pretty exciting. It reminds me of when I first
    picked up Brad Cox's book almost two decades ago... (1986! Sheesh,
    that's scary.)

    -- Kaelin