WOComponents in packages (inside Framework) : File location question

From: Benoit Mangez (benoit.mange..enali.be)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 06:29:36 EST

    Hi,

    I try to create a Framework with some WOComponents organized in
    packages.

    I've a package: be.company.test
    I've a WOComponent MyComponent
    I put MyComponent.java in workspace/MyFramework/src/be/company/test/

    But where should I put "MyComponent.wo/" and "MyComponent.api" ?

    If I put them in "project root folder", it works not too bad. But I
    don't like this solution...

    If I put them somewhere else, I got the following error (when lauching
    from Eclipse):

    [2003-12-23 11:06:23 CET] <WorkerThread0>
    <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> No template
    found for component MyComponent at
    "/..path../workspace/MyFramework/MyFramework.framework".

    I made some experimentations with the classpath :
            I put myframework.jar in classpath of MyFramework itself and also in
    the classpath of the WOApp.
            I put testapp.jar in the classpath of TestApp.woa
            => NO CHANGES

    I also try to change NSSearchPath launch arg to include the directory
    where I put MyComponent.wo and MyComponent.api but nothing changes...

    The PB.project seems good to me, all referenced .wo/, .api, .java and
    frameworks are correct (I just removed some duplicates entries).

    All WOComponents with .wo/ and .api in the project root folder are
    correctly displayed.

    When I start WOApp from the command line, everything is fine.
    Except that I modify manually "MacOSClassPath.txt" to insert line :
    WOLOCALROOT/Library/Frameworks/MyFramework.framework/Resources/Java/
    myframework.jar

    Another problem (I don't know if it is due to Eclipse/WOLips), all
    WOComponents members that are used in the .wod must be declared
    "public" instead of "protected" when the Component is in a package.

    Benoit