Re: WOComponents in packages (inside Framework) : File location question

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 11:02:07 EST

    Hi Benoit,

    Am 23.12.2003 um 12:29 schrieb Benoit Mangez:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I try to create a Framework with some WOComponents organized in
    > packages.
    >
    > I've a package: be.company.test
    > I've a WOComponent MyComponent
    > I put MyComponent.java in workspace/MyFramework/src/be/company/test/
    >
    > But where should I put "MyComponent.wo/" and "MyComponent.api" ?
    >
    > If I put them in "project root folder", it works not too bad. But I
    > don't like this solution...
    >
    > If I put them somewhere else, I got the following error (when lauching
    > from Eclipse):
    >
    > [2003-12-23 11:06:23 CET] <WorkerThread0>
    > <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> No template
    > found for component MyComponent at
    > "/..path../workspace/MyFramework/MyFramework.framework".
    >
    > I made some experimentations with the classpath :
    > I put myframework.jar in classpath of MyFramework itself and also in
    > the classpath of the WOApp.
    > I put testapp.jar in the classpath of TestApp.woa
    > => NO CHANGES

    WOLips takes this step for you, no need to do it manually. At least in
    more recent builds.

    > I also try to change NSSearchPath launch arg to include the directory
    > where I put MyComponent.wo and MyComponent.api but nothing changes...
    The NSProjectSearchPath is for projects :-).

    > The PB.project seems good to me, all referenced .wo/, .api, .java and
    > frameworks are correct (I just removed some duplicates entries).
    >
    > All WOComponents with .wo/ and .api in the project root folder are
    > correctly displayed.
    >
    > When I start WOApp from the command line, everything is fine.
    > Except that I modify manually "MacOSClassPath.txt" to insert line :
    > WOLOCALROOT/Library/Frameworks/MyFramework.framework/Resources/Java/
    > myframework.jar
    I've tried it with the current version in the cvs. The rapid
    turnaround mode is broken for Components within a folder (a refresh of
    the project in Eclipse does the trick), everything else seems to be
    okay. Let me know If I should send you the current WOLips version.

    > Another problem (I don't know if it is due to Eclipse/WOLips), all
    > WOComponents members that are used in the .wod must be declared
    > "public" instead of "protected" when the Component is in a package.
    You have to add a class to your package to make it work. It's WO's
    default behaviour. Search the list to find more about it.

    > Benoit

    Ulrich