Re: WOComponents in packages (inside Framework) : File location question

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 13:47:38 EST

    Benoit Mangez wrote:

    > I try to create a Framework with some WOComponents organized in packages.
    >
    > But where should I put "MyComponent.wo/" and "MyComponent.api" ?
    >
    > If I put them in "project root folder", it works not too bad. But I
    > don't like this solution...

    I put them in a sub-project named after the last package element (e.g.
      Test.subproj.

    > Another problem (I don't know if it is due to Eclipse/WOLips), all
    > WOComponents members that are used in the .wod must be declared "public"
    > instead of "protected" when the Component is in a package.

    This is from the Java package based security restrictions. You could
    make public accessors for them or see
    com.webobjects.foundation.NSKeyValueCoding.ValueAccessor for an
    alternate method.

    Chuck

    --

    Chuck Hill chil..lobal-village.net Global Village Consulting Inc. http://www.global-village.net

    Progress is the mother of all problems. - G. K. Chesterton