Re: about deployment of wo apps

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 08:22:02 EST

    Hi Frédéric,

    Am 14.01.2004 um 13:11 schrieb Frédéric Dreier:

    >> Take a look in the contents folder. There are folders for Unix/MacOSX
    >> and Windows. Each folder has a command line script for it's
    >> platform. The references to other frameworks and libs are in the
    >> classpath.txt.
    >
    > you are right (as always :-)) I mixed up with different build.xml
    > verisons and dist/build/.woa directories..
    >
    > By the way, the <lib> tag seems to forget some entries in
    > 'classpath.txt' .. In fact, oracle had the -great- idea to rename
    > their jdbc driver in "classes12.zip" instead of "classes12.jar"...
    > not a big deal to rename it but, for a future release...
    >
    >> WebObjects includes the documentation for servlet deployment. I can
    >> help you with the build.
    >
    > Do you mean through eclipse help (V1.0.7.40)? I haven't seen something
    > about servlet deployment.

    There two things:
    1. You have to build your app in different way. The build.xml generated
    by WOLips has two additional targets. One for war deployment the other
    ssdd deployment. Search this list for more details. Feel free to ask
    for more details.

    2. To deploy your app, take a look at Apples docs.
    http://developer.apple.com/documentation/WebObjects/WebObjects-
    date.html (Java Application Server Administration)

    Ulrich