Re: Forced cleans

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 10:34:41 EST

    Hi Igor,

    is this on Windows or on the Mac? Eclipse, WOLips and WebObjects
    version?

    Am 22.01.2004 um 16:24 schrieb Clark, Igor:

    > Hi Ulrich,
    >
    > The problem is that if I make changes to my project, even something
    > simple
    > like System.out.println("Test"), it is not included when I run the
    > project.
    > I have to go to the Ant view, run 'clean', then 'build', and only if I
    > run
    > the project after doing that does it get included.

    Can I get the output of the ant build with the -verbose argument.

    > I know for a fact that while the project is in CVS, nobody except me is
    > working on it so there won't be changes in CVS; also this happened
    > overnight
    > (ie didn't happen when I shut down yesterday evening, did happen
    > immediately
    > I started up this morning) and I haven't touch CVS in between then and
    > now.
    >
    > However you have alerted me to another problem which is that if I try
    > look at the error log view, the whole application hangs for a while
    > until
    > eventually I get "Internal error" dialog, "An out of memory error has
    > occurred. It is recommended to exit the workbench. Subsequent errors
    > may
    > happen and may terminate the workbench without warning. See error log
    > for
    > more details." Which is slightly ironic as it's only the error log
    > that
    > gives me this problem.
    >
    > Maybe my error log is full and I didn't know? How do I go about
    > clearing it
    > if so? Could this be related?
    The log file is workspace/.metadata/.log. Shutdown Eclipse, remove it
    and restart Eclipse.

    Is the option 'Build after JavaBuilder' in the WOLips builder enabled.
    Try to close all your projects and reopen them.

    The hole thing is strange. We have to dig little bit to get the reason
    for this problem.

    Ulrich