SSDD & frameworks

From: Clark, Igor (Igor.Clar..strazeneca.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 12:05:18 EST

    Hi folks,

    Trying out an SSDD build for my project and hitting some snags - would
    appreciate some assistance if you have a few moments.

    As my project uses packages quite extensively I can't just build it with
    ProjectBuilder; I have however created a basic SSDD project with PB using
    the same frameworks, and the results are drastically different from what I
    get when I try to do the build.xml/ssdd version, as outlined below. Any
    light you can shed on any part of the process would be most welcome. I'm
    using Eclipse 2.1.2 and WOLips 1.0.7.50.

    I've added 'webXML="true"' to the woapplication task, removed
    'if="${never}"' from the ssdd target, added some <copy> and <fileset> tags
    to include the libraries, and done a build. My web.xml file generated in the
    WEB-INF directory has things like this in it (copied directly from the
    web.xml file, only app name changed):

            <param-name>WOClasspath</param-name>
            <param-value>WEBINFROOTAPPROOT\Resources\Java\myapp.jar
    WEBINFROOTWEBINFROOTWOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaEOAccess.framework/Resourc
    es/Java/javaeoaccess.jar
    WEBINFROOTWOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaEOControl.framework/Resources/Java/j
    avaeocontrol.jar
    WEBINFROOTWOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaFoundation.framework/Resources/Java/
    javafoundation.jar
    WEBINFROOTWOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaJDBCAdaptor.framework/Resources/Java
    /javajdbcadaptor.jar
    WEBINFROOTWOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaWebObjects.framework/Resources/Java/
    javawebobjects.jar
    WEBINFROOTWOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaWOExtensions.framework/Resources/Jav
    a/JavaWOExtensions.jar
    WEBINFROOTWOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaXML.framework/Resources/Java/javaxml
    .jar
    WEBINFROOTLOCALROOT/Library/Frameworks/MyFramework1.framework/Resources/Java
    /myframework1.jar
    WEBINFROOTLOCALROOT/Library/Frameworks/MyFramework2.framework/Resources/Java
    /myframework2.jar</param-value>

    It also does *not* have

            <context-param>
                    <param-name>WEBINFROOT</param-name>
                    <param-value>%WEBINFROOT%</param-value>
            </context-param>

    that the ProjectBuilder-generated WEB-INF has.

    a) How do I sort those variables out (assuming WEBINFROOTWEBINFROOTWOROOT
    etc are no use and assuming that I do need the WEBINFROOT declaration)? Is
    this a bug or my misconfiguration in the build.xml file?

    b) I've just used <copy> & <fileset> tags to copy my
    c:/apple/local/library/frameworks/ installs of my frameworks into the
    Library/Frameworks subdirectory of the WEB-INF directory, is this right?

    c) The PB-generated WEB-INF directory has copies of all the JavaEOAccess,
    JavaEOControl etc frameworks in the WEB-INF/Library/Frameworks directory
    (only some of the files - version.plist, Properties, Info.plist, some
    .description files). I imagine I need to do this for every project to make
    the 'single servlet directory' bit true, is this right? And what criteria do
    I use for selecting which files make it into the WEB-INF directory?

    d) The PB-generated WEB-INF directory has an "Extensions" subdirectory
    containing avalon-framework.jar, axis.jar, etc, and a "lib" subdirectory
    containing JavaWOJSPServlet_client.jar, and an empty "classes" directory. Do
    I need to do something about these? (I think the lib subdir is just for
    accessing WO components from JSPs, but I'm not 100% sure).

    e) The LICENSE file generated by PB seems to contain nothing more than a
    license agreement and a six-char alphanumeric code at the end, not a proper
    WO license key. I'm guessing there's more to it than that?

    Have I missed some vital step in the SSDD build.xml process that would sort
    all this out?

    Thanks very much!
    Igor.