Re: Classpath problems

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 05:27:30 EST

    Hi Emmanuel,

    Am 13.02.2004 um 10:55 schrieb Koch Emmanuel:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm using eclipse3M6 with WOLips 1.0.1.16, com.ibm.zip.creation (for
    > jars), with a lot of Frameworks, one WOApplication and no packages.
    > Each of my framework is located in a different project under eclipse,
    > and I link my frameworks together by linking the jars libraries
    > created by the com.ibm.zip.creation pluggin.
    > Each of my framework can be build with no errors.
    >
    > My problem is following :
    >
    > When I want to make a new install on a new computer, I install
    > eclipse, import my prefs, and make a full CVS checkout.

    The problem is that Eclipse don't see the result of the build. Ant is
    external to Eclipse. The framework build under /dist is the there but
    Eclipse don't see it until you perform a refresh.

    You have to build them one by one and refresh after each build to get
    rid of it in you current configuration.

    > If I proceed a full build, almost all my frameworks don't compile.
    > (Note : I have the same problems if I close all my projects and reopen
    > it on my computer, they don't compile anymore.)
    > The error messages is : "myClass cannot be resolved or is not a
    > type/valid superclass"
    > This is the classic error message for a wrong classpath...
    > I have checked that the build order preference is good
    > (Window>Preferences>Build Order)
    >
    > When I look for the classpath (right click on the project :
    > properties>java build path>Libraries>WOFrameworks),
    > I can not see the frameworks I have linked before.
    > But if I edit the classpatrh (Edit Library popup), I can see them
    > checked!
    > And if I take a look at the .classpath file, I can see them in it
    > too...!
    >
    > Deselecting and Reselecting it in the Edit Library popup, clicking on
    > "finished" do not change anything. The only way I can change it is by
    > checking an other arbitrary library (in the Edit Library popup).
    > Then the classpath is modified, but with a non needed library. When I
    > deselect this library, the good libraries disappear from my classpath
    > too!
    >
    > As I have about 50 framework and 10 computers to install, this will
    > mean that I must edit about 500 classpath to make the eclipse
    > installation on all our computers...
    >
    > Does anybody have an easier solution?

    Yes. First of all I can send you a version for the current integration
    builds. The integration build from yesterday is fine. Runs great.
    Please make sure that your email account accepts mails up to 8MB. In
    the last month we have done a lot of things under the hood. One thing
    is that you don't need to add your frameworks in the workspace to the
    classpath.

    The steps you have to do after upgrading WOLips and Eclipse. Don't
    forget the patched ant plugin.

    1. Enable the auto refresh Preferences->Work In Progress->Auto Refresh
    2. Remove all Frameworks from the classpath that are projects in your
    workspace.
    3. Manage the projects dependencies. I.e mark all projects that are
    required by a project. You have to do that on the "Java Build
    Path->Projects" page.

    WOLips does the rest for you. In the case you launch a application your
    src folders are allready included( because you've added them under the
    projects tab) WOLips adds the frameworks after the projects to
    applications classpath. Your app loads the latest classes from your
    projects and WO can resolve the bundles. WOLips also add the projects
    as frameworks to the WOA's classpath.txt.

    This stuff also works with latest version for Eclipse 2.1.*. You have
    to refresh your workspace once after checkout to make the frameworks
    build in your projects visible for Eclipse 2.1.*. With Eclipse 3.0.0
    use the auto refresh feature.

    Ulrich