Installing Frameworks

From: logan.allre..onvergys.com
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 17:06:08 EST

    I recently tried to install some of the frameworks I've been working on in
    WOLips. The only way I could figure out how to do an install was to run the
    ant task as an external tool and select the install task. I figured there
    might be an easier or more-integrated way to do this in Eclipse, but I was
    unable to find one and the user manual seems to imply that none exists
    except to manually modify the build.xml. Is this the only way to install a
    framework in WOLips? Are there plans to better integrate this with the
    WOLips GUI in the future?

    Also, another method I tried was to run the build.xml scripts manually with
    my own installed copy of ant. However, the build.xml files that WOLips
    generates do not seem to work outside of WOLips. They seem to be missing
    the taskdef portions that enable the woframeworks task to be recognized.
    This is easy enough to add manually, but begs the question: is this a
    conscious design decision, or an oversight that I should log as a bug?
    Adding the taskdef manually seems to work.

    Also, while setting up the external ant task, I accidentally had clean,
    build, and install tasks enabled, but this results in the install task not
    installing in the proper location, apparently because both build and
    install use the same ${dest.dir} property, and one clobbers the other.
    After build sets the dest.dir to '.', it never gets reset to
    C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks for the install task. Removing the build
    task, so that just clean and install are selected seems to solve the
    problem. However, the clean task does not appear to recompile the
    framework, just reassemble the framework pieces from the existing built
    classes. It seems that the clean task should also remove the generated
    class files and force a full recompile before the install.

    thanks,
    Logan Allred

    Win2k
    Eclipse 2.1.3
    WOLips 1.0.7.50

    --
    "NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
    intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or