Re: Installing Frameworks

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 04:52:52 EST

    Hi Logan,

    Am 13.02.2004 um 23:06 schrieb logan.allre..onvergys.com:

    > I recently tried to install some of the frameworks I've been working
    > on in
    > WOLips. The only way I could figure out how to do an install was to
    > run the
    > ant task as an external tool and select the install task. I figured
    > there
    > might be an easier or more-integrated way to do this in Eclipse, but I
    > was
    > unable to find one and the user manual seems to imply that none exists
    > except to manually modify the build.xml. Is this the only way to
    > install a
    > framework in WOLips? Are there plans to better integrate this with the
    > WOLips GUI in the future?

    May be. Give the ant view a try.

    > Also, another method I tried was to run the build.xml scripts manually
    > with
    > my own installed copy of ant. However, the build.xml files that WOLips
    > generates do not seem to work outside of WOLips. They seem to be
    > missing
    > the taskdef portions that enable the woframeworks task to be
    > recognized.
    > This is easy enough to add manually, but begs the question: is this a
    > conscious design decision, or an oversight that I should log as a bug?
    > Adding the taskdef manually seems to work.

    WOLips does this step for you in Eclipse. It's a feature. :-)

    > Also, while setting up the external ant task, I accidentally had clean,
    > build, and install tasks enabled, but this results in the install task
    > not
    > installing in the proper location, apparently because both build and
    > install use the same ${dest.dir} property, and one clobbers the other.
    > After build sets the dest.dir to '.', it never gets reset to
    > C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks for the install task. Removing the
    > build
    > task, so that just clean and install are selected seems to solve the
    > problem. However, the clean task does not appear to recompile the
    > framework, just reassemble the framework pieces from the existing built
    > classes. It seems that the clean task should also remove the generated
    > class files and force a full recompile before the install.

    The build.xml has three public targets: build, install and clean. I
    have no idea how I could hide the other targets.
    Eclipse is the compiler and .classes are allways uptodate no need to
    rebuild them. Anyway you can force a rebuild of your java classes in
    Eclipse.

    Feel free to add a fre "make the deployment easier".

    http://objectstyle.org/jira/

    Ulrich