alternative template(s)

From: Christian Brunschen (c..f.lth.se)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 06:40:31 EST

    Hi,

    I am looking for a way to create a slightly different .woa directory
    than the standard one generated by the 'woapplication' task (building
    for WebObjects 5.2.2, using WOLips 1.0.7.50 from within Eclipse 2.1.3
    on Windows 2000). Specifically, I need to include one extra file
    directly inside the .woa directory, and use a slightly modified
    'appstart.cmd' template for running the application.

    Currently, the WOApplication ant task and the AppFormat class
    essentially use hard-coded paths and logic to decide which files to
    copy, which directories to create and so on. I was wondering if this
    could be somehow parametrized, so that one could specify an
    'alternative template directory' for the WOApplication task, which
    would not just use replacement templates but would also copy any
    additional files into place, which would allow me to achieve what I
    need. Or potentially something more fine-grained, allowing me to
    specify individual replacement templates and/or additional files to
    copy into the .woa.

    Is this or something similar in the cards in the near future? Does it
    sound like a good idea to anyone other than me?

    Best wishes,

    // Christian Brunschen