Recommended Version of Eclipse & WOLips on Mac OS X

From: Stefan Kreutter (sklist..bjectfarm.org)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 07:52:11 EST

    Hi,

    which version (build) of Eclipse and WOLips are recommended for Mac OS
    X? Either Eclipse crashes or I get the spin disk cursor of death. Since
    there are several versions of Eclipse and WOLips I was wondering which
    combination does really work. Maybe Mac OS X is not a good platform to
    run Eclipse? Compared to IntelliJ IDEA it is also extremely sluggish.
    Eclipse 3.0.0 seems to be a little faster but does not work with WOLips
    for me.

    I'm using Eclipse 2.1.3 with WOLips 1.0.7.50 on Mac OS X 10.3.2 with
    Java 1.4.2.
    Regarding the Ant-patch... how is it supposed to be installed? I guess
    I should replace the contents of the "optional" directory into the
    "optional" directory of Eclipse. But Eclipse 2.1.3 has a newer version
    of org.eclipse.ant.core (org.eclipse.ant.core_2.1.3) and the patch only
    provides 2.1.0 and 2.1.1. Does this mean the patch is no longer needed?
    Thanks in advace,

    -Stefan