Re: Incremental build directory : simple question

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 17:25:58 EST

    Anjo Krank wrote:
    > Hi Harald,
    >
    > Am 08.03.2004 um 17:02 schrieb Harald Niesche:
    >
    >> Have you tried creating a linked folder in Eclipse, that is called
    >> build and points at the external directory you would like to use?
    >

    > I just did...Eclipse replaces this virtual folder with the normal
    > "build". Of course, one could create a symlink, but it'd be cool if
    > there was some way to specify the "general" output folder like with PBX,
    > where there is a global setting (PBXBUILDROOT or some such).

    Hmm, I could maybe change the way cleaning the build folder works (I
    guess I simply toss it out and create a new one on full builds), but I
    can't compile the app to external folders currently, because I use the
    Eclipse Resource api extensively and they don't work outside the
    workspace (that's the reason they introduced those linked folders).

    Would that be enough, if the build folder was never deleted by the
    incremental builder?

    Harald