RE: poll for enable disable update of PB.project

From: Ian McDougall (ian.mcdougal..mode.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 12:23:12 EST

    > Hi,
    >
    > do we need the option to enable disable the update of the PB.project?

    My philosophy is that the PB.project file should be completely transparent
    to the user, and it is maintained entirely by the IDE. With that said,
    turning it's update on or off would violate that philosophy.

    In my experience, the update of PB.project works very well for all of my
    projects (8+ apps and frameworks).

    The only change I would suggest is to have somewhere in the IDE to specify
    additional resources. (for example, I have a component that relies on an XML
    file which maps menu items to page classes) That's the only time I have to
    touch the file.

    (I put in a request for this feature a few months back)