Re: poll for enable disable update of PB.project

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 12:52:56 EST

    Am 10.03.2004 um 18:23 schrieb Ian McDougall:

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> do we need the option to enable disable the update of the PB.project?
    >
    > My philosophy is that the PB.project file should be completely
    > transparent
    > to the user, and it is maintained entirely by the IDE. With that said,
    > turning it's update on or off would violate that philosophy.
    >
    > In my experience, the update of PB.project works very well for all of
    > my
    > projects (8+ apps and frameworks).
    >
    > The only change I would suggest is to have somewhere in the IDE to
    > specify
    > additional resources. (for example, I have a component that relies on
    > an XML
    > file which maps menu items to page classes) That's the only time I
    > have to
    > touch the file.
    >
    > (I put in a request for this feature a few months back)

    It seems that I've missunderstood your feature request. I tought you
    wanna have something like a context menu to add/remove a resource
    to/from the list of included/excluded resources. It's allready possible
    to modify the list of resources for the PB.project in the preferences.

    Sorry for that.

    The target is to maintain one list for the PB.project and the build
    file.

    Ulrich