Re: Deadlock when adding a library to project java build path

From: Charles-Edouard Ruault (c..dtect.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 08:58:01 EST

    Ulrich,
    thanks for taking the time for such a lengthy explanation ! I see your
    point here. I'll try the workaround and see how it works.
    Is there any info ( logs etc ... ) i could give you in order to
    pinpoint the problem i'm having ? i'm sure i'm not the only one having
    this annoying problem ....
    Thanks again for your help and for creating such a great project.
    Regards.

    On Mar 16, 2004, at 2:43 PM, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    > Am 16.03.2004 um 13:48 schrieb Charles-Edouard Ruault:

    >>> You should upgrade to 1.0.7.50. It has a lot of improvements and
    >>> bugfixes.
    >>
    >> My collegue is using Eclipse 2.1.2 with Wolips 1.0.7.50 and he also
    >> has the same problem.

    >>> I thought the upgrade to RC3 was the problem. Is it possible that
    >>> you have circular references.
    >>>
    >>> The classpath container in 1.0.7.50 could be the solution. The cool
    >>> thing is that you don't have to install your frameworks during
    >>> development and include the jar in the classpath. Just include the
    >>> project in the classpath and WOLips takes care about the rest.
    >>>

    >> Could you plesase give me more info about this ? What i'm trying to
    >> achieve here for example is to add log4j.jar in the classpath for my
    >> applications.
    >> I'm also having the problem ( not systematic though ) when in want to
    >> add a project on the build path .
    >

    > Let's start with log4j. Create a new java project named log4j and move
    > the log4j.jar into the lib folder. (You have to create the lib folder
    > manually.)
    >
    > Include the log4j.jar in the Eclipse classpath and export the entry.
    >
    > Change the lib section in build.xml of the APPLICATION
    >

    > <lib dir="../log4j/lib">
    > <include name="log4j.jar"/>
    > </lib>
    >
    > All project that requires log4j should depend on the log4j project.
    > That means you have to add the log4j project to the list of projects
    > on the java build path properties page.
    >

    > To update to the classpath container:
    > 1. Remove all entries under the Project and Libraries tab for each
    > project and add the "JRE System Library" and "WOFrameworks" container
    > with the button "Add Library" button.
    > <pastedGraphic1.tiff>
    > 2. Start with a framework project and add the required projects and
    > frameworks. Don't add frameworks from the workspace to the
    > "WOFrameworks" container select them as a project under the projects
    > tab. To add items to the "WOFrameworks" container, select it and
    > choose edit.
    >
    > 3. Repeat step 2 for all your framework and application projects.
    >

    > What happens behind the scenes. When you launch your Application in
    > Eclipse WOLips adds the frameworks jars from all dependent projects in
    > the workspace to the end of the classpath. The effect is that the
    > application can find it bundles and loads the classes from the
    > project.
    >
    > The framework must be visible in Eclipse to be included.
    >
    > Some words about the "WOFrameworks" container. The container stores
    > the names of the frameworks and not the root where the framework is
    > located on your machine. A little example to explain it:
    > A framework foo is installed under local.library on your machine and
    > user.home.library on your co workers machine. The container looks into
    > external root(ProjectWonder), user.home, local root and system root to
> [...]
    Charles-Edouard Ruault
    Idtect SA
    tel: +33-1-42-81-81-84
    fax: +33-1-42-81-82-21