Re: Recommendation: GUI Builder for Java Client?

From: Alexander Schneider (alexander.schneide..it.fraunhofer.de)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 04:51:37 EST

    > The alternative is to use something like the free version of JBuilder
    > for the Java client application, but I hesitate to stretch to another
    > IDE (although I have some experience with JBuilder).

    Last time I checked the GUI builder from JBuilder it was a total mess.

    You couldnīt create pure Java GUIs but they were based heavily on
    Borland libraries so this was in my case unacceptable. This may have
    changed but I doubt it regarding Borlands business tactics. :-((

    A colleague of mine checked out the new IntelliJ 4.0 and this must have
    a nice GUI builder inside. I didnīt check it though and it is commercial
    software.

    I donīt know if there are any other alternatives as I didnīt find one as
    I looked for it myself recently. Even if it is an OT post this is an
    important question for many of us.

    Cheers
    Alex