Re: Recommendation: GUI Builder for Java Client?

From: Ashley Aitken (aitken..bs.curtin.edu.au)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 09:22:07 EST

    Thanks for all your responses.

    The Visual Editor Project (VEP) does look very good. I skipped over it
    previously because it was version 0.5.0 - sometimes I wish open source
    projects exaggerated their version numbers as much as commercial
    products ;-)

    Unfortunately, it does not run on Mac OS X at this time. I believe
    their are plans for v1.0 that uses Eclipse 3.0 to run on Mac OS X.

    Cheers,
    Ashley.

    PS I've also notice JBuilder's efforts to use Borland classes -
    sometimes I think it is because the Java classes can be lacking ...
    sometimes I agree it is a business decision.