RE: How to Checkout from a CVS Branch in Eclipse?

From: JR Ruggentaler (j..pv.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 10:20:15 EST

    >But I am unable to checkout from that branch using Eclipse CVS facility.
    Are you getting an error when you attempt the checkout? I am having problems checking out projects/frameworks that have wrapped files like EO models. CVS no longer supports wrappers. I ended up checking out the source from the command line and adding the frameworks to my eclipse workspace. After the frameworks are in the workspace right click on the project in the eclipse Package Explorer and select Team->Share Project... Now you should be able to do CVS stuff.

    Do anyone else use CVS from eclipse, the compare feature doesn't seem to work and there are no indicators in the package explorer that shows whether a file has been modified. I read a eclipse book that said the icon associated with the file should have a > sign when the file is modified but the book was for eclipse version 3+ and I am using 2.1.3.

    J.R.