Re: Cannot build woapplication / state of PBX+XCode project support

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 04:50:40 EST

    Am 31.03.2004 um 11:22 schrieb Timo Höpfner:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to get IntelliJ IDEA working with WO 5.2.3 using WOProject.
    > Jesse Barnum has posted a HOWTO on that topic on the omnigroup lists.
    > The building is done sing woproject. I have two problems there:
    >
    > 1. With WO 5.2.3, WOBuilder doesn't support PB.project anymore, so I
    > needed to do the patching of the frameworks mentioned on the WOProject
    > homepage. Unfortunately that breaks the ability of EOModeler to create
    > a new EOModel. Will there be native PBX/XCode support in WOProject
    > anytime soon?

    We're working on the support for the Xcode stuff.
    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=WOL-21

    > In the meantime is there any alternative way of creating EOModels
    > (except for duplicating existing ones)?

    You can create them with WOLips. Which does not help in your case.

    > 2. I cannot build an Application with woproject, as it gives me the
    > following exception:
    >
    > generic_build.xml
    > build_application
    > woapplication
    > Installing WOIdeaTest in build
    > org.objectstyle.woenvironment.env.WOBuildPropertiesNotFoundException:
    > Could not find wobuild.properties. Run the buildfile:
    > build-user-home-wobuild-properties.xml first.
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.woproject.ant.WOApplication.getWOEnvironment(WOApplicat
    > ion.java:476)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.woproject.ant.WOApplication.standardSet(WOApplication.j
    > ava:257)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.woproject.ant.WOApplication.getFrameworkSets(WOApplicat
    > ion.java:445)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.woproject.ant.WOApplication.hasEmbeddedFrameworks(WOApp
    > lication.java:419)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.woproject.ant.WOApplication.execute(WOApplication.java:
    > 147)
    > at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:341)
    > at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:309)
    > at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
    > at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1339)
    > at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1255)
    > at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:609)
    > at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
    > at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:235)
    > at com.intellij.rt.ant.execution.AntMain2.main(Unknown Source)
    > /Users/th/Development/WebObjects/WOIdeaTest/null/Library/Frameworks
    > not found.

    woproject requires the file wubuild.properties under
    $user.home/Library. To generate this file download the file
    woproperties.xml from the cvs:

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/woproject/woproject/projects/
    buildscripts/?only_with_tag=eclipse_3_0_0

    Exceute it with "ant -buildfile woproperties.xml.

    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=WOL-2

    Ulrich