Upgrading WOGen to Cayenne 1.1, etc.

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 15:14:23 EDT

    Hi there,

    I've been thinking of upgrading WOGen task to use Cayenne 1.1, mostly
    to minimize maintenance of 1.0 branch. 1.1 already contains some bug
    fixes that 1.0 lacks. Ulrich, what is the planned release schedule of
    WOProject/WOLips, so that I could plan accordingly?

    Another issue. Right now all "NSNumber" columns produce properties of
    type java.lang.Number. Cayenne 1.1 has an ability to look at the
    "valueType" and generate a concrete subclass (e.g. java.lang.Double for
    "d", etc.)

    What is everybody's feeling on that? Should we update the generation
    code to create numeric properties using the deepest possible subclass
    (thus making EO setters more type-safe), or keep java.lang.Number, or
    maybe make it an attribute in the ant task? I still undecided on that
    myself. I guess this means a new task attribute :-) ...

    Andrus