Re: Upgrading WOGen to Cayenne 1.1, etc.

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 04:16:11 EDT

    Moin Andrus,

    Am 18.04.2004 um 21:14 schrieb Andrus Adamchik:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've been thinking of upgrading WOGen task to use Cayenne 1.1, mostly
    > to minimize maintenance of 1.0 branch. 1.1 already contains some bug
    > fixes that 1.0 lacks. Ulrich, what is the planned release schedule of
    > WOProject/WOLips, so that I could plan accordingly?

    The release of WOProject/WOLips 1.1 is scheduled for june 2004.

    > Another issue. Right now all "NSNumber" columns produce properties of
    > type java.lang.Number. Cayenne 1.1 has an ability to look at the
    > "valueType" and generate a concrete subclass (e.g. java.lang.Double
    > for "d", etc.)
    >
    > What is everybody's feeling on that? Should we update the generation
    > code to create numeric properties using the deepest possible subclass
    > (thus making EO setters more type-safe), or keep java.lang.Number, or
    > maybe make it an attribute in the ant task? I still undecided on that
    > myself. I guess this means a new task attribute :-) ...

    I'm all for it.

    We're working on the eclipse_3_0_0 branch. Please commit your changes
    there.

    04/18/2004 19:01:52 mensk
            src/java/org/objectstyle/woproject/ant/EOModelReader.java: making
    compatible with both Cayenne 1.0 and Cayenne 1.1

    Could you recommit your change on the the eclipse_3_0_0 branch?

    Ulrich