Re: UnsupportedEncodingException: NSMacOSRomanStringEncoding

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 09:16:59 EDT

    Ashley Aitken wrote:

    > Not sure if it is related but I had a similar problem (and still do

    > 1. These Windows configs should (I think) be able to handle

    Which?

    > NSMacOSRomanStringEncoding if everything is configured and working
    > correctly. The JAR that was mentioned is to help the conversion (or
    > whatever you call what is being done ;-)

    Is the charsets.jar (in jre/lib) on the classpath? I am not sure whether
    it is included by default, in Eclipse it doesn't seem to be.

    The MacOS Character encodings are not in the default set of encodings
    and only work when you include the charsets.jar on the classpath.

    > Funny thing is, I am still see the problem now and then, and even
    > stranger, when I start some programs (like JavaMonitor) each page gets
    > the encoding exception once, but when I reload the page it is handled
    > fine. Go figure!

    Some of the components that come with WO (at least in the WOExtensions
    Framework) have templates that say they are encoded in NSMacOSRoman
    (although I don't think they contain any characters that are specific to
    that encoding).

    The exception is only thrown once (when the component is loaded, I
    think), after that, it works as expected (WO does that).

    Harald