Re: WOLips and refactoring

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 05:03:59 EDT

    Am 06.05.2004 um 10:00 schrieb Kaj Hejer:
    > Please see http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=WOL-20

    This will wreak havoc on CVS, I suppose. You can't simply simply move,
    rename or delete a directory there. It's easier to create a new
    component, copy over the content and delete the old one.

    > What do you think about the following extension to this issue:
    >
    > Let WOLips look for methods used as bindings in components and when
    > changing names of a method or moving a method with refactoring in
    > eclipse, WOLips could update the wod-files.
    >
    > By doing this, WOLips should also be able to check that all the
    > bindings either are bound to a string or to a valid method and if it
    > find a binding that isn't, this could be flaged as a problem in
    > eclipse.
    >
    > What do you think?

    Neat, but hard to do. To be reliably useful, you also need to check key
    paths and this will be *very* hard or even impossible as there are ways
    you can override KVC to fake the presence of a key (like..um for
    example). But of course, you could simply stop at the first item.

    Cheers, Anjo