Re: Error in importing WOLips Profiling 1.1.0.51 plugin into Eclipse 3.0.0M8

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 13:11:19 EDT

    Am 09.05.2004 um 11:14 schrieb Jean-Marc Borer:

    > Hello guys,
    >
    > I just checked out the latest version of the woproject eclipse_3_0_0
    > branch:
    >
    > cvs -d:pserver:annonymou..vs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/woproject co -r
    > eclipse_3_0_0 woproject
    >
    > Once I found out that I had to add the eclipse.home key in the
    > buildserver.version file (would be nice if you could add this step to
    > the readme file), everything compiled fine with my eclipse 3.0.0M8.

    Please add a bug report:

    http://www.objectstyle.org/jira/

    > I was able to install WOLips and Test plugins, but the Profiling
    > plugin returned an error (see attached sreenshot). I double checked
    > the dependencies of the plugin by reading the content of all
    > feature.xml files in the tem/build directory and everything seems
    > fine. Any idea?
    >
    > <Picture 2.pdf>

    The profiling feature requires jmechanic.

    > Then I created a HelloWorld application to double check that WOProject
    > was successfully installed in eclipse 3.0.0M8. I can build the
    > application, but it doesn't launch. Anyway I can go to the finder (or
    > command line) and launch the application. By the way, I noticed that
    > there is no "WOApplication" target in the external build/run menu...

    Select the Application.java in the "Package Explorer" and choose
    "Run->Run..." (or debug) from the menu and create a new WOApplication
    launch configuration.

    > So things are almost working, but not all features seems to work
    > properly. I reviewed the bug tacker application and did not find any
    > entry about the problems I noticed. Does all this make sense or am I
    > missing something?

    It's very likely that things are broken. Both and Eclipse 3.0.0 and the
    WOLips version for it are not final.

    > For a newbie to WOLips and Eclipse, the lack of documentation is
    > tough. Are you planning to write a tutorial?

    The WOLips help is integrated in the Eclipse help. If you think that
    something is missing add it to Jira.

    > Many thanks for developing such great product.

    You're welcome.

    Ulrich