Re: WOLips, WOUnitTest and eclipse JUnit Integration

From: Jerry Porter (jerry.porte..rx-ca.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 17:59:53 EDT

    To whom it may concern,

    I got a new cvs update of the eclipse_3_0_0 branch and tried to build.
    I got this error message:

         [javac] Compiling 68 source files to
    /local/jerryp/Source/Misc/woproject/projects/temp/classes
         [javac]
    /local/jerryp/Source/Misc/woproject/projects/wolips/plugins/
    org.objectstyle.wolips.datasets/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/datasets/
    DataSetsPlugin.java:264: cannot resolve symbol
         [javac] symbol : variable PRE_BUILD
         [javac] location: interface
    org.eclipse.core.resources.IResourceChangeEvent
         [javac] this.resourceChangeListener,
    IResourceChangeEvent.PRE_BUILD);
         [javac]
                          ^
         [javac] Note:
    /local/jerryp/Source/Misc/woproject/projects/wolips/plugins/
    org.objectstyle.wolips.datasets/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/datasets/
    AbstractDataSetTest.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
         [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
         [javac] 1 error

    On May 21, 2004, at 2:53 PM, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    > Hi Jochen,
    >
    > you should vote for this fre:
    >
    > http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=WOL-15
    >

    > Ulrich
    >
    > Am 20.05.2004 um 16:13 schrieb Jochen Haeberle:
    >
    >> Hi list,
    >>

    >> I fear this is rather OT, nevertheless I don't have an idea where I
    >> should turn to, so please excuse me if you find this out of scope!
    >> I would be very glad for a pointer to a group where such questions
    >> are appropriate!
    >>

    >> We would like to add UnitTests to our WO/WOLips Project. We started
    >> out with the WOUnitTest Framework and got it working with the build
    >> in DirectAction.
    >>
    >> Now we would love to use the built in eclipse JUnit-Integration
    >> Tools. We have it that far, that the tests are recognized and run,
    >> but everything havig to do with WO fails. I guess there is some more
    >> configuration to be done concerning classpaths or arguments...
    >>
    >> A test like this works fine:
    >>
    >> public class DemoTestCase extends WOUTTestCase{
    >>
    >> public void testError(){
    >> int zero = 0;
    >> assertFalse("Ich bin ein UnitTest", 1==2);
    >>
    >> }

    Jerry E. Porter
    Software Engineer
    Wireless Matrix Corporation